Dear Brothers and Sisters of the resilient Indian Diaspora, 01 02 2022
I wish to share with great anguish my perspectives on this abomination perpetrated by these unmentionable advocates of Genocide against the people of another faith. This hateful assault is totally repugnant and antithetical to noble Sanatana Dharma at a so-called Dharma Sanstha in one of most Sacred Hindu sites especially because it was perpetrated on the most ancient and most tolerant of faiths in the history of Mankind
"May all Humanity be blessed, May vegetation flourish, may all two footed creatures be blessed, may all four - footed creatures be blessed. [Invocation for Purusha Sooktam.] May peace prevail in our Body, Mind and Soul and in the skies, in the waters and across our vast nourishing Mother Earth. [From Invocation to the profound and sacred Purusha Sukta.]
Hari Om!, Gurubhyo Namaha!
- Sat Ekam, Bahuda Vipraha Vadanti Rk Veda
- fd756770f9122be1b484f12c5ffbe828.pdf (sieallahabad.org) Page129-130 The literal meaning of ‘Ekam sat Vipraha Bahuda Vadanti’ is ‘God is one but the wise people/the sages speak of it variously’ or ‘Truth/ ultimate Reality is one, sage call it by many names,’ or ‘that which exists is One: sages call it by various names.’
Furthermore, Jagat Guru our Lord Krishna states emphatically that the soul is immortal, and you can’t abolish it from existence by killing the body in which it is presently intimately infused. So, much for their evil-minded plan to kill of the Muslim people.
- https://sanskritpearls.blogspot.com/2009/12/december-5th.html Paropakara punyaya, papaya para Pidanam [second line of this sloka.
This Subhasita has much redeeming insight for both the advocates and would be perpetrators of heinous murder of innocent Muslim people, every man, woman, and child of what every age. O Paropakara punyaya, Papaya para Pidanam[2nd line of this sloka] The essence of all the 18 purāNās (scriptures) is sung by Maharshi Vyaasa: Benevolence leads to virtue; Torturing others leads to vice. A person who is proficient and immersed in the all the Hindu scriptures can cut through the core message of the Vedanta by offering this verse which asserts:
- Dharmo Rakshiti Rakshitaha (speakingtree.in) “Dharmo Rakshiti Rakshitaha!” [The National Law School of India University has adopted this response of Dharmaputra Yuddhistra to the Yaksha]
Dharma destroys those who destroy it, Dharma protects those who protect it.
Dharma does not destroy and cannot be destroyed. I pray the proponents of this hateful genocidal strategy be forewarned by the meaning of this profound product of Hindu spiritual consciousness.
Several questions from more than 100 questions are applicable:
- Verse 5 Page 2 Brahmanas and “Caste ”affiliation
References to Brahmins and their religious studies come in three or four questions. In the Vedic days Brahminhood was not a birth right. Kshatriyas like Viswamitra and Janaka became Brahmins by their studies and practices. The same thing is insisted here. Janaka is the father of the blessed Sita and engaged in most enlightened and illuminating dialogue with Sage Yājñavalkya in Chapter III and Chapter IV of the mighty Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, which clearly demonstrated his extraordinary level of intellectual and spiritual evolution.
- Verse 26 Page 4 Dharma
- Verse 32, Page 5 Virtue
- Verse 37-page 5 Ignorance
- Verse 45 page 5 and 6 Awareness of the Brahman is knowledge.
- Verse 47 Page 7 Which man is dishonest?
- Verse 55 page 8. What is hypocrisy? What is wickedness?
- Verse 63 page 8 What makes person a Brahmin [ Yudhishthira said: O Yaksha! Not birth, nor study nor learning is the cause of Brahminhood. Doubtlessly, it is determined by his conduct. V 63 to V 66
- Verse 78 Nakula Jivito V78 – 86 Nakula Jivito Yaksha, Dharmo Rakshiti Rakshitaha.
- a. Maneesha Panchakam: Commentary Swami Chinmayananda. Second Question by Chandala at the banks of the Ganga to Adi Sankara Acharya. Is there any difference in the jewel in the sky, when it is reflected in the waters of the Ganga or in a ditch in wayside of a slum… In the Ocean of self-existing Blissful consciousness, in the inner self devoid of thought ripples, how can there be this delusory distinction: “this is a brahmin” and ‘this is a dog eater” The issue is with the gunas pervading the mind of person regardless of one is born a Brahmin or a Sudra. Thus, the same jewel in the sky can be reflected in a Sattwik mind as brilliant illuminating experience regardless of the caste of the person, similarly the same jewel in the sky reflected in th mind pervaded by Tamasic guna can evoke. destructive thoughts and cations based on the conditioning these persons have been subject to since birth regardless of whether they were born in family of “High Caste family” or in much humbler circumstances in this birth. My Lord Adi Sankaracharya provides very thoughtful answers in which the four MahaVakyas are embodied..
- NIRVANA SHATAKAM | Complete with Lyrics and Meaning | Chidananda Roopaha Shivoham Shivoham | Meditative Mind
My Lord Guru Adi Sankara Acharya teaches us to set aside our prejudices based on caste status assigned by birth and engage with people on the basis of their character and choices.
i. Verse 5:
I do not have fear of death, as I do not have death. I have no separation from my true self, no doubt about my existence, nor have I discrimination on the basis of birth. [ Na mey Jaati Bhedaha ] I have no father or mother, nor did I have a birth. I am not the relative, nor the friend, nor the guru, nor the disciple. I am indeed, that eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love, and pure consciousness.
- Narayana Upanishad: I appeal to my brothers and sisters in the Dharma Sanstha to take counsel from these enlightened precepts and recall to these very important teachings from the Narayana Upanishad [Krishna Yajur Veda] because they are knowingly or unknowingly rushing perilously close to transitioning from breast meeting and chest thumping rhetoric to inciting and supporting acts of Atma Hatya and Brahma Hatya when souls of human beings regardless of their religious affiliation by birth or choice are disposed of their living bodies just because of their religious affiliation, that has been defined as a Capital offence by some leaders of the Dharma Sanstha deserving the death penalty. As a cautionary Lesson I offer this teaching from the first verse of the Narayana Upanishad. “Then Narayana, the Supreme Being desired,” I shall project Beings.” Thus, from Narayana ever thing emerges Prana, Breath, Mind, Sense organs, Ether, Air, Fire and Water, and earth that supports all. From Narayana emanates Brahma, Rudra, Indra, the Prajapatis, the 12 Adityas, Rudras, Vasus and the Vedic meters [Chandas] From Narayana only do they proceed, through Narayana do they prosper. In Narayana are they absorbed. This is taught by the head of the Rig Veda. [Etad Rig Veda sirodhite.] Commentary by Sri Rama Ramanuja Achari. Those leaders of the Dharma Sanstha who advocate for Genocide are promoting attempted acts of Atma Hatya and Brahma Hatya by eliminating persons of the Muslim Faith which in turn can accrue deaths of persons of all faiths including Hindu persons. The dictates of these ill-informed and malevolent leaders are against the plan Lord Narayana has for each person including Gods such as Indra and every single component of His Creation by inciting processes that will run totally counter to what He desired He made clear by “ projecting Beings.”. On Namo Narayana. Please pay heed my brothers and sisters and follow the teachings of our scriptures
- Valmiki Ramayana.” When Lakshmana finally confronted Indrajit, the invincible son of Ravana who had defeated Indra, the King of the Gods, Lakshmana murmured these words as he remembered Lord Sri Rama’s lotus feet, “ Sri Ramam Vigrahavaan Dharmaha, placed the arrow ‘Aindram’ [Indra’s arrow] on his bow and chanted these words as he drew back the string and discharged the arrow at Indrajit, “Dharmaatmaa satyasandhasca Raamo DaaSarati: yadi. Paurushe ca apratidvandva: tat Ena jahi Raavanim . [6- 91- 76 Valmiki Ramayana]
Sri Rama is the very embodiment of Dharma. If that Raama, son of Dasaratha, is a valiant, dharmaathmaa - truthful, and lives true to his word, hey asthram, kill that son of Raavana. That asthram killed Indrajith by cutting his head off his neck.
There is a time and place for such deadly but Dharmic Acts. This time and place is not the time and the innocent me, women and children, grandchildren and Grandparents of the Muslim faith are NOT a threat to our existence like Indrajit who posed an Existential Threat to Lord Rama and Lord Adisesha Lakshmana and nearly succeeded in ending their live but for the heroic efforts Lord Hanuman to bring from the Himalaya to the battlefield the Hillock with Sanjeevani Herb prescribed by Sushena the physician. The persons some leaders are targeting for annihilation have not threatened us and there are no indications of any such threats. So, this is NOT the time and place for unleashing actions that are tantamount to Atma Hatya and Brahmahatya and seek to dispossess countless souls of the bodies that Lord Narayana himself had desired when He said Let there be beings [Narayana Upanishad Item #6 above.]
Priyataam pundarikaksha, sarva Yagneswaro hariḥ, tasmin tushte, Jagat tushte, Prinite prinitaam Jagat. When Lord is satisfied, the world is satisfied, when the Lord is pleased the world is pleased. Please remember how Lord Sri Krishna answered Draupadi’s prayer for protection from the powerful Durvasa who had arrived at the Pandava Household hoping to be fed. Nut because the Akshaya Patra was empty because Draupadi had not expected any guest and served herself after feeding all others the Patra couldn’t produce any more food. So, there was no possible way to offer food to their guests. This was critical time during their exile and the maharishi could hurt their chances to get back their share of the Kingdom. Lord Sri Krishna seemingly found a morsel in the Akshaya Patra and ate it with relish. About this time the sage returned and said he will not be stopping to eat and went on his way. So, when Lord Sri Krishan was satisfied by what he received – the Durvasa party and the Pandavas were also satisfied with their circumstances.
Finally with respect to the destructive enmity expressed by some of the Leaders Dharma Sanstha towards millions of our innocent brothers and sisters who by the circumstance of their birth are adherents of Islam, I want to make sure a very popular Deity Ayyppan/Manikantan had a Muslim Devotee who has a shrine dedicated to him at the foot of the Sabarimala mountain, .Ayyappan is referred to as Shastava or Dharmashasta- In Sanskrit this means teacher, guide, Lord, Ruler of Dharma. He is revered my many Muslims in Kerala. According to legend Vavar was a Muslim person who became a devotee of Ayyappan. A mosque dedicated to Ayyappan's lieutenant Vavar swami stands next to Kadutha Swami shrine at the foot of the pilgrimage path, both as a form of guardian deities. For many pilgrims it is must ritual to offer a prayer to both, before beginning their pilgrimage through the forest to the Sabari Mala Shrine dedicated to Dharmashasta Ayyappa.
Nobelist R. Tagore: “The human soul is on its journey from the law to love, from discipline to liberation, from the moral plane to the spiritual.”
I would like to share some of the incandescent wisdom and deeply abiding faith that emerges in inspiring and instructive precepts of Poojya Swami Vivekananda. 'Christ, Buddha, and Krishna are but waves in the Ocean of Infinite Consciousness that I am!'
Each one of us pray, day and night, for the downtrodden millions in India, who are held fast by poverty, priest craft, and tyranny — pray day and night for them. I am no meta physician, no philosopher, nay, no saint. But I am poor, I love the poor.... Let these people be your God — think of them, work for them, pray for them incessantly — the Lord will show you the way.
Vow, then, to devote your whole lives to the cause of these three hundred million, going down and down every day. Glory unto the Lord! We will succeed. Hundreds will fall in the struggle — hundreds will be ready to take it up. Faith — sympathy, fiery faith, and fiery sympathy! Life is nothing, death is nothing — hunger nothing, cold nothing. Glory unto the Lord! March on, the Lord is our General. Do not look back to see who falls — forward — onward!
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday said great men like Swami Vivekananda have emerged from discussion in Dharma Sansad held in Chicago in 1893 unlike the "unruly and wicked" people emerging from discussion held in Uttarakhand.
He said the people of the country should decide whether we need a great personality like Swami Vivekananda or those who talk about riots and genocide.
"Let us all think that a Dharma Sansad was held in Chicago in 1893 where great men like Swami Vivekananda emerged from the discussion. Unruly and wicked people are coming out of the religious parliaments being held here," Mr Gehlot said in a tweet.
In his famous speech in Chicago, where Swami Vivekananda addressed the Parliament, he spoke deeply on a number of factors which are extremely relevant to the issues we face in the contemporary world, especially in the country. He not only spoke at length about religious tolerance but also about promoting liberal sentiments among people. Here's the full text of his speech: Chicago, September 11, 1893
I am proud to belong to a religion which has taught the world both tolerance and universal acceptance. We believe not only in universal toleration, but we accept all religions as true. I am proud to belong to a nation which has sheltered the persecuted and the refugees of all religions and all nations of the earth. I am proud to tell you that we have gathered in our bosom the purest remnant of the Israelites, who came to Southern India and took refuge with us in the very year in which their holy temple was shattered to pieces by Roman tyranny. I am proud to belong to the religion which has sheltered and is still fostering the remnant of the grand Zoroastrian nation. I will quote to you, brethren, a few lines from a hymn which I remember to have repeated from my earliest boyhood, which is every day repeated by millions of human beings: "As the different streams having their sources in different paths which men take through different tendencies, various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to Thee."
In closing as I take leave of all of you, my brothers and sister of faith and goodwill I offer you these
May all Humanity be blessed, May vegetation flourish, May all two footed creatures be blessed, May all four - footed creatures be blessed. [Invocation for Purusha Sooktam. ] May peace prevail in our Body, Mind and Soul and in the skies, in the waters and across our vast nourishing Mother Earth. [From Invocation to the profound and sacred Purusha Sukta.]
Poornam adaha, Poornam idam…
Aum! That is Infinite, and this (universe) is Infinite. The Infinite proceeds from the Infinite.(Then) taking the infinitude of the infinite (universe),It remains as the infinite alone.
Aum! Peace! Peace! Peace!
The infinite being has assumed unto Himself the mystery of finitude. And in him who is love the finite and the infinite are made one. May Peace prevail in the three domains, Earth, Sky, and the Waters and in our mind, body, and soul.
Durjanah sajjano bhuyat, Sajjanah śāntimāpnuyāt, śānto mucyeta bandhebhyo, Muktaschaanyaan vimochyet
"Durjana…”May evil minded individuals be transformed to good persons. May good persons attain to peace within. May those who have attained to Peace achieve freedom from bondage and may those who have achieved liberation work to set free persons from their bonds".
Subhasita: Samaano Mantra.. " Let our speech be one; united our voices! May our minds be in union with the thoughts of the Wise. Sharing a common purpose; we worship as one.
Sarve Janana Sukhino Bhavantu May all Humanity be blessed with Comfort and Joy
Loka samastha Sukhino Bhavantu,.May everyone, in the whole world, be happy
Om Shanti, Shanti, Shantihi.
Jayatu, Jayatu, Devo, Devaki Nandanoyam… All glories to this Personality of Godhead known as the son of Devaki Ma! All glories to Lord Sri Krishna, the brilliant light of the Vrishni dynasty! All glories to the Personality of Godhead, the hue of whose soft body resembles the blackish color of a new cloud! All glories to Lord Mukunda, who removes the burdens of the earth!
Sree Rama stotram.
Verse 5. Raamaya, Rama bhadraya, Ramachandraya Vedhase, Sri Raghunâthâya Nâthâya, Sree Sithaayah patheh Namaha.
I bow down to him, I know as Rama, Rama Bhadraya, Ram Chandra, Raghu Natha, [my overlord and husband of Sita Lakshmi.
I bow to my learned brothers and sisters of the Dharam Sanstha for any offense I may have inflicted on them. I mean no disrespect but there is one thing I cannot abide with at this time and place in our lives namely advocating and promoting acts that are tantamount to Atma Hatya and Brahmahatya. Regardless of where this rhetoric emerges, I will seek to engage and seek reconciliation and peace between aggrieved parties. I have with an open heart and love offered my perspectives on this vital matter which explains my position as clear as I can make it for the benefit of all by seeking reconciliation and peaceful coexistence in our communities all across our Poonya Bhoomi- India that is Bharat. This is the core teaching for me that helps me focus my efforts. Item #2 above:
https://sanskritpearls.blogspot.com/2009/12/december-5th.html Paropakara punyaya, papaya para Pidanam [second line of this sloka.
The essence of all the 18 purāNās (scriptures) is sung by Maharshi Vyaasa: Benevolence leads to virtue; Torturing others leads to vice. A person who is proficient and immersed in the all the Hindu scriptures can cut through the core message of the Vedanta by offering this verse which asserts:
Sree Krishna Ashtakam Stotram
Vasudeva Sutam Devam Kamsa Chaanoora Mardhanam |
Devaki Paramanandam Krishnam Vande Jagat Gurum ||
To the son of Vasudeva, who killed Kamsa and Chaanoora,
The greatest joy of Devaki,
I bow to that Lord Krishna, the Guru of the Universe.
Verse 8 :
Shri Vatsaankam, Mahoraskam, Vanamaala Viraajitam |
Sankha-Chakra-Dharam Devam, Krishnam Vande Jaga Gurum ||
Who has Sri Vatsa on his chest,
Who is adorned with forest garland,
The one who holds the sacred conch and wheel.
I bow to that Lord Krishna, the Guru of the Universe.
https://www.narendramodi.in/sabka-saath-sabkavikas-collective-efforts-inclusive-growth-3159 Published by admin May 09, 2014
Fervently do I pray and fondly do I hope Indian Leaders of all groups and Hon PM Sri Narendra Modi will remind all that Governance based on Trust is sine qua non for achieving these idealized goals in our future are a intermingling of the Panchamrut philosophy that Modi Ji had pursued as CM of Gujrat including Jal Sakti, Raksha Shakti, Jnana Shakti, Jan shakti and Urja Shakti [Prana- Breath and Energy] and these aspirational goals he presented in rousing speech on the 75th Independence day of India on Aug 15 2021 at 2:37 pm which emphasized the importance of collective efforts to achieve inclusive growth based on trust namely sabke saath, sabke Vikas, sabke,viswas, sabke prayas. We must therefore address the all the sources of malefic forces that seek to divide our communities and even families on the basis of religious affiliations and spiritual traditions.
Sadly, despite his strong leadership and eloquent message to eliminate divisiveness and build a model of governance of trust to achieve inclusive growth and shared prosperity through collaboration and cooperation across caste and religious lines and regional allegiances. The Global State of Democracy Report of the released in 2021 by the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA) reports more than one in four people across the globe now live in backsliding democracies, besides the United States of America these include Brazil, India, and Hungary.
It is our responsibility individually and collectively in cooperative manner to implement the proposals offered by PM Modiji on Aug 15,2021: “Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayas is important in our journey of building the Atmanirbhar Bharat of our dreams,” the PM said. He added emphasis with these heart felt assertions to achieve inclusive growth though collective efforts: Sabka Saath - Sabka Vikas - Sabka Vishwas’ and everyone’s efforts very important in achieving “all our goals” In support of all, developmental for everyone, the trust of everyone and efforts of everyone
Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayaas” is very important for the achievement of all our goals said, Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
He said, Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayas is important in fulfilling all the dreams of the nation.
Finally I offer you this rendition of Sage Kabir Das ji’s devotional poem:
AC Bhajan Moko Kahan Dhundo Re - YouTube Pandit Ajoy Chakraborthy. He sings Vedic mantras at the end of this emotional, evocative rendition sung with deep devotion and feeling..
मैं तो तेरे पास में बन्दे
मैं तो तेरे पास में
I am with you o man,
I am with you
खोजि होए तुरत मिल जाउं
इक पल की तालाश में
Would be found by a true seeker,
In but a moment of search
कहत कबीर सुनो भई साधो
मैं तो हूँ विश्वास में
Says Kabir, listen you Saints,
Where your faith is, I am there.
When we engage in this effort with our minds and hearts, might and mien we might yet earn God’s grace and blessing: “Priyataam Pundarikaksha, sarva Yagneswaro harihi, Tasmin Tushte, Jagat Tushte, Prinite, Prinitaam Jagat.”
Om Tat sat Sree Krishna Arpanam Astu.
Velandy Manohar, MD